We hope that you have filled in all the details in your profile and complete the basic onboarding in the app. In this guide, we are going to run your first Automation on TexAu.
We will see the most simple automation that does not require any extra setup only the input. The first one is, Extracting Social Media Links from a website.
Let's see how to run this automation. You can follow the steps mentioned below or also, watch a video at the end of this guide.
Extracting Social Media Links from a website
As the name suggests this automation extracts all the social media links from any website, social media links include Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter accounts. Let's see how it works.
NOTE: We call automation Spices on our platform and workflows Recipes. Please don't get confused with Automation or Spices, they both are the same 🙂
- Open this automation page - https://app.texau.com/api/extract-social-media-links-from-website
As you can see the numbers above in the image, there are in total 7 major components to notice on this page, let's see their meanings and what they are for.
- NAME THIS EXECUTION: As you will this automation with different inputs, you need a way to identify each run, using Name this execution, you can give a name to each of your executions. Usually, people name it with the website they are using in the input, for example:
TexAu-Website, in case if you're using it for a client, with many websites -
Client-Chris-Real-Estate-Websitethis helps you easily understand what's there inside in the results without clicking on it. This will save you a lot of time 🙂
- What information does it provide? This shows all the output data you will get after running a successful execution.
- Example Input: Example input shows exactly how a single input should look like. Input Field: It is the input field where you will fill the input, here it is going to be the website URL.
- CSV and Google Sheet Upload: CSV and Google Sheet is used to process multiple inputs at once. In case if you have more than one or hundreds of websites that you want to run all at once, you can use this to upload all your data. We will be discussing how to use CSV and Google Sheet in another guide.
- Button - Extract Social Links: This is the button that you will click once you added the inputs.
- Button - Schedule this Spice: This button is used to schedule automation to run after a fixed period of time or continuously after a particular time in seconds, minutes, or, hours.
Now that you have understood every component present on our Automation page, it's time to run your first Automation.
Video Tutorial on How to extract social media links
In case if you still have any additional questions, just shoot us a message from the chat icon present in the corner ↪️
Thank you! 🙏